Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Personal Geography - Perceptual Map

The goal of this project was to successfully use symbols to communicate something. In this case we were to create a map from home to school (or school to work or any one path during our day) and explain this path using a perceptual map.


The first version of the map:
I used pure color with this one, and I liked the idea of having ray-like senses expanding from one point. However it was pointed out to me that the radial progression didn't make sense, so I took my idea in a different direction.

The final map turned in:
This map had a definite start and stop point and the senses were not only clearly marked by color, but also with symbols that helped identify what the sense was experiencing at the moment. This map helped me reshape the first map and the final map - cognitive.

I created both images in Adobe Illustrator.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?