Saturday, October 23, 2010

Personal Geography - Artifact Map

The goal of this project was to successfully use symbols to communicate something. In this case we were to create a map from home to school (or school to work or any one path during our day) and explain this path using an artifact map.

The first artifact map I turned in:
In this map, because the distance between school and home is so large and boring, I tried to explode the school and home sections of the map. 

The final artifact map I turned in:
In this map, I decided that exploding the sections didn't add the appeal I wanted. By the time I edited this map, I had also figured out the color palette I desired for all three maps and used that palette to help give my map definition. I created both maps in Adobe Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?